Our client is searching for an experienced Operations Support Engineer to join them in London. The successful candidate will help to deliver a secure, reliable, and best-in-class production environment for their global trading franchise. You will report to the Global Operations Manager and work during UK business hours with a willingness to travel if necessary.
- Provide first-line support and troubleshooting for the trading environment, ensuring smooth operations across
- market-making and programmatic execution bots.
- Track, escalate, and prioritise production incidents, ensuring timely resolution.
- Help maintain a clear communication channel between business development and trading to ensure orderly deployment of new clients and exchanges.
- Assist in analysing bot performance across marketing making and other trading strategies.
- Help to design and improve processes around monitoring, alerting, accounting, portfolio management, risk, and reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
- Develop expertise in the proprietary trading system, infrastructure, and procedures, contributing to documentation of best practices.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role at a bank or proprietary trading firm
- Strong scripting skills (Python or shell scripting)
- Experience in Linux
- Exposure to container technology (e.g., Docker, Rancher)
- Experience in SQL (required) and MySQL (preferred)
- Software development experience a plus but not required (Java preferred)
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets
- Disciplined self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and/or remotely
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Computer Science)
If you would like to be considered for the position of Operations Support Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you