Our client is searching for an experienced Platform Engineer to join them in New York.
- Work directly with the investment, technology and operational teams to deliver a high-value, high-quality production environment
- Implement software solutions which encourage a safe release and maintenance process.
- Enhance autonomy of the workflow, from source → tracking → CI → CD.
- Become deeply familiar with the equities software suite, owning the operational landscape: monitoring, usage, and performance.
- Drive the frontier for tech adoption within the organization, making data-driven decisions about product choices and trades.
- Identify and architect opportunities for automation.
- Aid in the growth of the DevOps culture within this new and exciting technologist space, both individually and across the other teams!
- Comprehension of language tooling, from package management (Conda, Yarn) to build systems (CMake, Bazel). Monorepo experience a plus.
- Experience in system and configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform).
- Familiarity with frontend and backend development. End-to-end understanding of basic architectures, from MVC to SPAs>servers>databases.
- Fluency in SDLC and GitOps practices, from tracking (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA) to process (Agile, Scrum, Kanban) to full CI/CD (Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab).
- Previous experience in software testing: any of static analysis, unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests.
- Grasp on virtualization (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Prior usage of a monitoring platform (Splunk, Datadog, Grafana).
- Passion for the proper - the keen eye to recognize a flaw, propose an alternative, implement the fix, and deploy it without abrasion to existing users.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with not only technologists/developers but finance/business disciplines as
If you would like to be considered for the position of Platform Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: email@example.com or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you