Our client is searching for an experienced Macro Data Engineer to join their team in Chicago. The Macro Data Engineer will work on architecting and implementing a next generation data platform for a wide range of economic data used by the Fixed Income, Commodities, and FX portfolio management and risk platform.
- Working closely with business users and platform developers to capture requirements and build a platform for data access and analysis.
- Developing a keen understanding of how data is utilized in the systems and investment processes to generate insights and produce key analytics.
- Defining and employing best practices for persistence, error detection/correction, API development, and streaming technology, with a long term view of building a team of specialists in these areas.
- Proactively seeking out areas of improvement where data access/management could be changed to improve the portfolio management & risk process
- Proven experience building high quality, fault tolerant software with a heavy focus on data.
- Strong understanding of real-time data, historical time-series data, and the intricacies of working with third party data vendors. Prior experience with Macro products is preferred but not essential.
- High proficiency with Python and the scientific Python ecosystem. Experience with C++ is a large bonus but not a hard requirement.
- Demonstrated track record of ownership, leadership, high achievement and raising the standard of those around you.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with development teams.
- Significant experience defining and developing a robust software development process, including but not limited to: code review, change management, design and architecture specifications, testing, continuous integration and deployment.
If you would like to be considered for the position of Macro Data Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you