Our client is searching for an experienced Software Developer to join their team in New York. The successful candidate will be responsible for automating and developing accounting, tax and financial reports. As a developer for the Accounting and Tax team, it will be your responsibility to work closely with the team to understand end-user needs and communicate effectively around project feasibility and timelines. Key responsibilities will include leveraging your technical skills to create new report automation, performing report maintenance and customization, and developing new tools and dashboards to provide impactful insights into financial and operational data.
- Provide technical and analytical support to the Accounting and Tax teams through the creation of new, customized reports and processes as well as maintenance and improvement to existing reporting infrastructure
- Extract, review, finesse, and reconcile data from multiple databases, servers, and platforms
- Work closely with the Accounting and Tax teams to understand needs and adapt to changes in priorities
- This role requires strong communication as it will require coordinating and communicating across multiple teams.
- Contribute insight into financial reporting and aid in data-driven decision making
- Take ownership of the continual drive for automation on the team
- Work on tasks with a variety of time scopes: quick fixes to existing processes and long-term direction-setting
- Maintain and improve existing internal and external reporting processes
- Understand and reason about a large variety of data sources, minimizing unnecessary complexity but providing complete solutions
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Working experience with relational databases, VBA, and SQL
- Prior experience within ERP Systems, preferably built on databases within the Microsoft universe
- In this role, you will primarily be coding in Python. Previous Python programming experience is preferred, but a willingness to learn Python is okay too!
- Prior experience supporting Accounting, Trading and/or Treasury Management Systems is a plus
- Mastery of multitasking and extraordinary time management skills
- Effective communication, both verbal and written, is a must
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
If you would like to be considered for the position of Software Developer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you