Our client is looking for a HPC Linux Engineer to join their New York office. You will be highly skilled in the details and nuances of managing Linux environments with a strong software development background necessary to support uniquely customized systems.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining high performance file storage systems.
- Implement and support performance monitoring and fault monitoring systems
- Monitors systems and storage performance, up to and including network components
- Compiles, packages, installs and upgrades software and operating system components
- Creates scripts and uses tools to automates frequently performed tasks
- Develops, improves, documents and promotes standard operating procedures
- Develop and monitor the tools used to maintain a production computing environment
- High proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go, C
- Extensive experience profiling and debugging application stacks
- Extensive experience designing, building, and maintaining complicated, interdependent, and distributed systems
- Experience with system configuration management tools (Cfengine, Salt, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience in an academic research computing (HPC) background
- A compulsion to perform root cause analysis
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in machine learning, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or other quantitative disciplines
If you would like to be considered for the position of HPC Linux Engineer or wish to discuss this role in more detail, click on the ‘I’m Interested’ button at the top of this page to leave your details. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: email@example.com or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team.