Our client is searching for an experienced C++ Software Engineer to join them in New York. A Core Services engineer architects, implements and operates globally distributed services used throughout the firm providing authentication, authorization, entitlement management and application management. The ideal candidate is interested in pushing the status quo to enable other teams and in writing services in C++ with high performance and strict availability guarantees.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful large scale systems and services in support of the developer ecosystem and investment professionals
- Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Fully and completely understand system interdependencies and limitations
- Lead the design, write code, and ultimately deploy successful enterprise-level systems that will be leveraged for a broad set of business use cases.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment
- Architect, develop and maintain core C++ libraries using the C++17 standard
- Define Service Level Objectives for core services, and implement SLIs appropriately
- Provide deep performance optimizations for distributed services to ensure high throughput and low latency
- Architect, design, implement new services and retrofit existing services for high availability and fast disaster recovery
- Negotiate requirements and provide support to other technology teams
- Implement CI/CD pipelines for core libraries and distributed services
- Write and automate tests for existing and all new functionality
- Ensure the smooth running of distributed services
- 5+ years of experience on architecting, implementing, and running distributed systems / services.
- Experience with Agile, Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, containerization, distributed systems
- Experience with automating workflows
- Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor's degree, or higher, in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
If you would like to be considered for the position of C++ Software Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you