Our client is searching for an experienced Lead Engineer to join their team in New York.
The successful candidate will help design the applications that enable hundreds of investment professionals to move from research to execution by submitting trades, managing their risk, and understanding their portfolio.
- Supporting technical roadmap development and managing cross team dependencies.
- Designing software architecture in line with strategic planning. Guides teams in anticipation of future use cases and helps them make design decisions to minimize the costs of future changes.
- Working at both a tactical and strategic level to influence decisions and execution on major organizational goals.
- Critically reviewing technical operations and programs, breaking them down and prioritizing across the organization.
- Collaborating with highly-skilled engineers and product stakeholders in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record at constructing novel and appropriate data models and architectures in the context of both full-stack applications and streaming data systems.
- Can qualitatively evaluate trade-offs of multiple design candidates for infrastructural changes and identify those that yield state of the art solutions while balancing all other objectives.
- Active collaboration skills with adjacent teams and organizations, can quarterback large-scale projects that touch dependencies or architectures shared by many stakeholders.
- Comfortable with communicating and participating in project management of cross-functional technical projects.
- Prior experience in building production systems within Python and/or C++.
- Keen eye for optimization and scaling, particularly where it reduces operational costs or improves end-user experience.
Nice to have:
- Strong interest in fundamental equity and long/short investing in an institutional setting, particularly with a focus on portfolio management, risk assessment, and empowering new trading strategies.
- Familiarity with multiple families of datastores and data brokers: relational (e.g., SQL Server, Postgres), non-relational (e.g., MongoDB), and streaming (e.g., Kafka/Faust, Redis Streaming, or KSQLDB)
If you would like to be considered for the position of Lead Engineer or wish to discuss the role further then please leave your details below. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: email@example.com or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team. Thank you