Our client is searching for a Production Trading Engineer to join their team in New York.
The production engineering team is responsible for providing technical support across their trading environment and overseeing the deployment and configuration of new technologies and strategies.
The ideal candidate has experience working within a fast-paced trading environment. You will be responsible for deploying hardware, software, and strategies to production. You should be comfortable providing triage and resolutions to networking, hardware, and software issues that arise during trading outages.
- Understand and oversee the architecture of the overall production trading environment
- Oversee technology requirements needed to support full lifecycle of strategy release and daily deployments
- Work with trading, networking, and technology team to triage and resolve real-time issues in the trading environment
- Lead and perform effective change management of hardware, software, and trading strategies
- Participate in designing product road maps to improve or implement best in class infrastructure and services that meet SLA requirements
- Develop tools to improve operations of the trading desk, deployment and release, configuration management, monitoring systems and debugging
- Prior experience working with a trading desk to coordinate deployments, releases, and triaging production issues
- Track record of automated deployment and monitoring of globally distributed applications
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Highly analytical, independent, and reliable worker
- Experience with Bash scripting and deep knowledge of Linux OS and tools
- Understanding of network protocols - TCP/UDP, DNS
- Familiarity with Python, SQL/Postgres, and cloud technologies
If you would like to be considered for the position of Production Trading Engineer or wish to discuss this role in more detail, click on the ‘I’m Interested’ button at the top of this page to leave your details. Your resume will be held in confidence until you connect with a member of our team
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call London (0207 604 4444,) New York (212 400 4845) or Chicago (312 204 7216) to speak to a member of our team.